Shared Crossing recommends the following resources for more information about end-of-life, dying and death.
Interviews with William Peters
- The Anatomy of a Shared Death Experience: An online interview with William Peters, by Dr. Karen Wyatt as part of the Afterlife Summit
- The SDE and reflections on end-of-life: A radio interview with William Peters, by Dennis Raimondi of KRUUFM, Fairfield, IA
- We Don't Die: Radio interview of William Peters, hosted by Sandra Champlain
Shared Death Experience and Near Death Experience
- Beyond Goodbye, a CNN report by John Blake, featuring accounts by William Peters and others about SDE's
- Glimpses of Eternity, by Raymond Moody, M.D., and Paul Perry
- Video interview of Dr. Raymond Moody and Paul Perry in which they discuss the Shared Death Experience
- Life After Life: The Investigation of a Phenomenon–Survival of Bodily Death, by Raymond Moody, M.D., and Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, M.D.
- Evidence of the Afterlife: The Science of Near-Death Experiences, by Jeffrey Long, M.D., and Paul Perry
- Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon’s Journey into the Afterlife, by Eben Alexander, M.D.
- To Heaven and Back: A Doctor’s Extraordinary Account of Her Death, Heaven, Angels, and Life Again: A True Story, by Mary C. Neal, M.D.
- Dying To Be Me: My Journey from Cancer, to Near Death, to True Healing, by Anita Moorjani
- The Truth in the Light, by Peter Fenwick and Elizabeth Fenwick
- Lessons from the Light: What We Can Learn from the Near-Death Experience, by Kenneth Ring, Ph.D., and Evelyn Elsaesser Valarino
End-of-Life Experiences, Dying, and Death
- The Five Invitations, by Frank Ostaseski
- Words at the Threshold, by Lisa Smartt
- A Call from Heaven, by Josie Varga
- Signposts of Dying, by Martha Jo Atkins, Ph.D.
- Being Mortal, by Atul Gawande
- Visions, Trips, and Crowded Rooms: Who and What You See Before You Die, by David Kessler
- The Art of Dying, by Peter Fenwick & Elizabeth Fenwick
- Video Interview (by Iain McNay) with Dr. Peter Fenwick: “Consciousness and Dying” on Conscious TV. Dr. Fenwick shares his extensive research on profound End of Life Experiences.
- Dreams and Visions of the Dying, by Dr. Christopher Kerr (a TED talk)
- Being with Dying: Cultivating Compassion and Fearlessness in the Presence of Death, by Joan Halifax
- Final Gifts: Understanding the Special Awareness, Needs, and Communications of the Dying, by Maggie Callanan, R.N. and Patricia Kelley
- The Four Things That Matter Most: A Book About Living, by Ira Byock, M.D.
- How Can I Help? Stories and Reflection on Service, by Ram Dass and Paul Gorman
- No One Has to Die Alone: Preparing for a Meaningful Death, by Lani Leary, Ph.D.
- On Death and Dying, What the Dying Have to Teach Doctors, Nurses, Clergy, and Their Own Families, by Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, M.D.
Past Lives, the Space Between Lives, and the Afterlife
- Many Lives, Many Masters: The True Story of a Prominent Psychiatrist, His Young Patient, and the Past-Life Therapy That Changed Both Their Lives, by Brian L. Weiss, M.D.
- Miracles Happen: The Transformational Healing Power of Past-Life Memories, by Brian L. Weiss, M.D., and Amy E. Weiss, LCSW
- Journey of Souls, and Destiny of Souls, by Michael Newton
- Your Soul's Plan, and Your Soul's Gift, by Robert Schwartz